Friday, May 1, 2009

finals o speech com

d final round o d speech com... is finally over!
no more worryin abt unfinished HW while practicin^^!

wern was right.
it WAS an experience o a lifetime.
writin (and editin) my speech, memorisin and learnin to improvise on it, and finally presentin it...
i had so much fun!

im glad tht i chose to write my speech.
if i had taken it fr a bk or fr d net, it wouldnt b MY SPEECH.
i would just b memorisin lines.
"Givin up or lettin go?" is wholly mine...
well, d main idea was.
wern gave me a lot o suggestions tht i just had to put in.

thx lots to suetmun, phue sin, le yun, yoo sun, tammy and my roommates
for listenin to my naggins. (wht if i...? wht if i...? ahh, it's nxt week!! etc)

also thx to aaron, yeosin, nasha, suet yen, hansol, ming wai and my vlb jrs
who gav me d encouragemnt to walk up d stage.
walkin up d stage and talkin to 1800 ppl takes quite a lot o nerve.

but d greatest thx goes to wern yi...
who nvr stopped believin in me.
right fr d start she told me to reach for d stars (or in my case, just d moon), and to hav fun.
who also burnt d midnite oil to read thru my script to pt out my flaws.
hugs and kisses to you, wern!

succintly...
my first time singin solo in public and my first speech on stage...
was a success!
in my eyes, of course.
i did nt regret any part o it.
even d part where i was constantly teased abt singin d nursery rhyme.
or d part where d whole sch heard my voice shake.

no regrets at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment